Oxford Playhouse is delighted to be welcoming audiences back into our theatres.
Please be assured that the safety of our audiences is of the utmost importance to us. We continue to follow the safety and hygiene measures recommended by government, including specific advice for performing arts venues.
All performances at Oxford Playhouse and at our Burton Taylor Studio are now being sold to full capacity seating, in line with government and UK Theatre guidance. We recognise that some audience members may still feel uncomfortable attending a performance which is at full capacity. Where possible, we will work with visiting producers to accommodate a number of socially distanced performances. Please note, this may not always be possible.
For Oxford Playhouse designated Socially Distanced performances: Seating is arranged in bubbles (groups of tickets containing a specific number of seats i.e. 1, 2, 3 or 4.) . You will need to select all the seats in a bubble to book tickets. If you are trying to book a single seat for one of these performances, please contact the Box Office directly on 01865 305 305 during our opening hours and we will try our best to accommodate you. Please be aware that it may not always be possible to assign a single seat.
The following measures are in place:
- Due to the latest government guidelines, all audience members aged 12+ are legally required to wear a face covering throughout your visit to the theatre, including whilst watching the performance (this may be removed temporarily whilst consuming refreshments). If you are medically exempt and unable to wear a face covering, please notify a member of the Playhouse team on arrival.
- Regular fogging of auditorium and front of house spaces.
- Our air-conditioning unit, which takes air into and out of the auditorium rather than simply recirculating air in the theatre, has been upgraded to the latest C-19 compliant recommendations.
- Enhanced cleaning; including high intensity touch points.
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations.
- We regret that we are unable to offer cloakroom facilities for coats and bags at this time. We ask that you bring minimal possessions (no suitcases and large bags of shopping) with you when visiting. Folded pushchairs can be accommodated.
- Modified routes and one-way systems around the building to avoid overcrowding and manage audience flow.
- Contactless ticketing.
- Contactless payment.
- Staggered arrival times for most shows.
- All Oxford Playhouse staff and visiting companies take regular lateral flow tests to ensure no one working on the premises has tested positive for Covid-19 and our Front of House staff will continue to wear face masks as part of our risk mitigation procedures.
- Book with confidence, exchange with ease pledge, allowing exchanges up to 2 hours ahead of a performance if ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid.
Oxford Playhouse will be reviewing its audience safety measures regularly and updating when necessary. If you have any questions before your visit to us please contact the Box Office on 01865 305 305 or email: email@example.com