Keeping everyone safe and theatres opens.
Please be assured that the safety of our audiences is of the utmost importance to us. We continue to follow the safety and hygiene measures recommended by government, including specific advice for performing arts venues.
All performances at Oxford Playhouse and at our Burton Taylor Studio are now being sold to full capacity seating, in line with government and UK Theatre guidance.
The following measures are in place:
- Throughout Spring 2022, we continue to ask our audiences to wear face coverings during their visit – when moving round the venue and whilst watching a production (face coverings may be removed temporarily whilst eating or drinking). Our Front of House team will also continue to wear face coverings. If you are medically exempt and unable to wear a face covering, please notify a member of the Playhouse team on arrival.
- Regular fogging of auditorium and front of house spaces.
- Our air-conditioning unit, which takes air into and out of the auditorium rather than simply recirculating air in the theatre, has been upgraded to the latest C-19 compliant recommendations.
- Enhanced cleaning; including high intensity touch points.
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations.
- We regret that we are unable to offer cloakroom facilities for coats and bags at this time. We ask that you bring minimal possessions (no suitcases and large bags of shopping) with you when visiting. Folded pushchairs can be accommodated.
- Modified routes and one-way systems around the building to avoid overcrowding and manage audience flow.
- Contactless ticketing.
- Contactless payment.
- Staggered arrival times for most shows.
- All Oxford Playhouse staff and visiting companies take regular lateral flow tests to ensure no one working on the premises has tested positive for Covid-19 and our Front of House staff will continue to wear face masks as part of our risk mitigation procedures.
- Book with confidence, exchange with ease pledge, allowing exchanges up to 2 hours ahead of a performance if ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid.
Oxford Playhouse will be reviewing its audience safety measures regularly and updating when necessary. If you have any questions before your visit to us please contact the Box Office on 01865 305 305 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org